This recipe comes to us from local chef Kristin Cole. To hire her for all your chefing needs check out her website: kristin-cole.com
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1/4 c. unrefined coconut oil, melted
2 T. maple syrup or honey
1/4 c. coconut flour (or unsweetened coconut flakes ground in a blender to make a fine consistency meal)
1/4 t. flaky sea salt
fresh pomegranate seeds
1. Gently cut the pomegranate in half and put both halves into a large bowl of cold water. Working under the water, remove seeds from the flesh using your hands. Drain water and reserve seeds. Lay out a nice handful on a paper towel to dry.
2. Mix first five ingredients in bowl with a spoon until well combined
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
4. Pour cacao mixture onto center of a baking sheet and gently use a spatula to spread outwards, without touching the ends of the pan
5. Sprinkle with coconut flakes, pomegranate seeds and more flaky sea salt if desired
6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hrs and break off pieces when ready to eat. Store in fridge.