Thanks to our friend Chef Kristin Cole for contributing this tasty and healthy recipe. Check out Kristin’s work and chef services on her website at www.kristin-cole.com
1 bunch dinosaur kale
1 warren pear, cut into thin slices (you can replace with asian pears or apples)
1 small shallot
handful of toasted pepitas
small block of parmesan cheese, shaved into ribbons with a peeler
juice and zest of 2 limes
1 T maple syrup
1-2 T olive oil
pinch of aleppo pepper or chili flakes
1. De-stem the kale leaves, pile on top of one another and cut thick ribbons.
2. Cut shallot into thin rings and allow to soak in lime juice until ready to
3. To make dressing, stir together lime juice/zest, maple syrup, a pinch of
salt. Slowly add olive oil (1-2 T) until desired taste and texture is achieved.
4. Pour dressing onto kale leaves and massage with your hands for a few
5. Add shallots, pear and parmesan and gently combine. Sprinkle pepitas on
top, followed by a dusting of aleppo pepper or chili flakes.