Recipe courtesy of CSA Member Lauren Hollander
4-6 large Warren Pears
2 cups of water
1/4 c of lavender flowers
1 c raw honey (or 1 c of sugar)
A teaspoon each of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and coriander.
1. Add water and lavender to pot, bring to a boil and steep for 5 minutes.
2. Strain out lavender and add water back into the pot.
3. Add honey (or sugar) and spices and bring up to boil.
4. Slice the pears and soak in a lemon water bath for 5 minutes.
5. Add the pears to sugar lavender mixture and simmer for 8 mins.
6. Add pears to jar, cover in liquid. Cool and refrigerate.
Do you have a favorite recipe for Frog Hollow fall fruit? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share it with our CSA community!