Massaged Kale Salad with Warren Pear
& Maple Lime Vinnaigrete
Thanks to our friend Chef Kristin Cole for contributing this recipe.
Check out Kristin’s chef services on her website www.kristin-cole.com
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale
- 1 warren pear, cut into thin slices
- 1 small shallot
- handful of toasted pepitas
- small block of parmesan cheese, shaved into ribbons with a peeler
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1-2 T olive oil
- pinch of aleppo pepper or chili flakes
1. De-stem the kale leaves, pile on top of one another and
cut thick ribbons.
2. Cut shallot into thin rings and allow to soak in lime juice
until ready to compose salad.
3. To make dressing, stir together lime juice/zest, maple
syrup, a pinch of salt. Slowly add olive oil (1-2 T) until desired
taste and texture is achieved.
4. Pour dressing onto kale leaves and massage with your
hands for a few minutes.
5. Add shallots, pear and parmesan and gently combine.
Sprinkle pepitas ontop, followed by a dusting of aleppo
pepper or chili flakes.