via Chef Mario, Frog Hollow Farm
- 1/2 avocado with the pit removed and scooped using a small spoon
- 1 mandarin orange, with skin peeled by hand
- 1 blood orange, with skin removed with a knife and segmented with a paring knife
- 6 leaves of fava leaves, (you can substitute with arugula, fennel or endives)
- 1/2 of a small shallot, slice thinly and macerated in Meyer lemon juice and salt
- 1 tbs. of cultured butter milk
- 1 tbs. of quality olive oil (Frog Hollow Farm)
- 1 tbs. of Frog Hollow Pomegranate saba
- Juice of a Meyer lemon to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- On a large salad plate, place the avocado, mandarin, blood orange, fava leaves, and shallots.
- Dress with butter milk, olive oil, saba and lemon juice. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve at once.