- 4 oranges
- 1 lime
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Lemon lime seltzer water
- Zest the oranges and the lime and add all of the zest to a
medium sauce pan.
- Now juice the oranges, adding the juice to
the pot. You need 2 cups fresh orange juice.
- Add the sugar and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Once at a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 8 to 10
minutes, or until the syrup has reduced by about 1/3.
- Removethe syrup from the stove and let cool slightly. Pour the syrup
through a fine mesh strainer into a glass jar. Discard the pulp
and zest from the strainer and place the jar in the fridge until
the liquid is cold, about one hour.
- When you’re ready for a drink, mix one part syrup and two
parts seltzer in a glass filled with ice. Stir it up and serve with an
orange slice if desired. Enjoy!