from Zen Belly
For the Chops:
- 4 bone-in pork chops, about 1-1.5 inches thick
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
For the Slaw:
- 1 pound assorted firm stone fruit (peaches, plums, apricots, etc)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder (or to taste, this amount will give it a good kick)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and remove your pork chops from the fridge.
- Combine the teaspoon of salt, cumin, coriander and paprika in a small bowl and stir to combine
- Divide the spice rub among the chops, making sure to coat both sides.
- Grill chops for about 5 minutes on each side, or until almost cooked through.
- Alternately, if you don’t have a grill, Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add your preferred cooking fat (lard would be a good choice here) Sear the chops for 5 minutes on each side, or until almost cooked through. Remove to a plate and cover loosely with foil, allowing them to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the slaw: Julienne fruit and place in a medium bowl. Mix in the chipotle powder, lime zest, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Serve the chops topped with the slaw, or alongside for guests to help themselves.