Frog Hollow Farm’s very own Chef Mario will be demonstrating this recipe at the Spring Stroll next weekend!
- 1 medium ruby grapefruit, segmented
- 1 medium blood orange, segmented
- 1 medium Hass avocados,
- 2 tbs. of toasted pepita seeds
- Quality olive oil to taste
- 20 cilantro leaves, for garnish
- ¼ cup of crème fraiche
- Lime juice to taste
- Local honey to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly black pepper to taste
- Using a sharp knife, cut the skin and all the bitter white pith off the grapefruits. Working over a bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections.
- In a small mixing bowl, place the crème fraiche and add the honey, lime juice and season to taste
- Add a large dollop of the dressing onto the middle of the plate and using a spoon, create a flat circle. Arrange with the blood orange, grapefruit sections, avocado and pepita seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the cilantro leaves and serve.